The Cannabis Salvation Blog was created by Aiden Hunt in 2013. Founded as a cannabis activism blog, it found a new home on LegalizationProfiles.org.
The blog part of the site is focused on the cannabis community; a loose collection of activists, professionals and consumers. It hosts guest posts from experts and activists as well as original content.
- In Brief: Pa. Governor Accepting Cannabis Pardon Requests in Sept.by P. Aiden HuntPennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announce the PA Marijuana Pardon Program, offering expedited pardon reviews to people convicted of only minor cannabis possession for personal use.
- Big Apple Cannabis: CWCB Returns to New York City for Eighth Yearby P. Aiden Hunt“No one seems to have gotten it right.” Mayor Eric Adams told a Friday afternoon crowd, of legal cannabis in America. “This is our chance to get it right.” New York City’s mayor addressed attendees of the 2022 Cannabis World Congress & Business Expo (CWCBExpo) on the second day of the three-day event. Adams stressed the social equity focus of New York’s cannabis program.
- Last Prisoner Project: Taking Real Action to Help Cannabis Prisonersby P. Aiden Hunt“It really remains a fundamental injustice,” said Stephen Post, of America’s criminalization of cannabis. “We’re really helping to try to turn around those injustices.” Post works as a campaign manager for Last Prisoner Project (LPP), a nonprofit assisting cannabis prisoners.
- Veteran-owned and operated cannabis company on a mission to healby P. Aiden HuntBryan Buckley founded Helmand Valley Growers Company (HVGC) out of a desire to share healing through cannabis. The chief executive told Profiles in Legalization how the cannabis industry found him during a February interview. He saw the damage being done by inadequate treatment of his fellow veterans.
- Confia Chief Executive on Crypto, Compliance and Social Equityby P. Aiden HuntMark Lozzi seems to choose his words carefully as he speaks. It’s a trait one might expect from someone who built a career out of attention to detail. This attention, after all, is the essence of regulatory compliance.
- Cheech Marin & Tommy Chong on Cameo, Expungement and Chicano Artby P. Aiden HuntWhen people hear Cheech & Chong, they think cannabis. Tommy Chong and Cheech Marin seared their names into the counterculture decades ago with their subversive stoner comedy. Now they’re leaving their outsized mark on legal cannabis.
- Workers Who Legally Use Cannabis Can Still Lose Their Jobsby The Cannabis Salvation BlogThirty-seven states now allow adults to use marijuana medically, recreationally or both. But in most of those states, people can be fired or denied a job for using cannabis in their free time.
- Cannabis businesses can’t wait for SAFE Banking, they need to protect themselvesby Scott Solomon“Frankly, lack of federal reform forces cannabis businesses to operate in completely unacceptable circumstances. These companies deserve access to safe banking services. While we wait for much-needed reform, it is important for cannabis business owners to be vigilant.”
- How California’s Small Cultivators Can Thrive in a Big Cannabis Worldby Danielle Dao & Devin CallowayConsolidation was the legal cannabis industry’s focus for most of last year. With numerous high-profile mergers and acquisitions, many wonder whether small farms can survive in this new age of Big Cannabis.
- Cannabis Education with Max Simon of Green Flower Mediaby P. Aiden HuntThe cannabis industry’s rapid growth is bringing with it a thirst for knowledge and information about the plant. Few people know that better than Max Simon, chief executive at Green Flower Media, a cannabis education provider.