LOS ANGELES — Haven Dispensaries, a rapidly expanding southern California dispensary chain, is holding a large Turkey Giveaway for Thanksgiving, on Tuesday November 22nd.
Two-hundred families in the Long Beach area will have a much easier time celebrating Thanksgiving this year thanks to a concerted effort from the Haven team. High cost and limited numbers of turkeys across California has made it difficult for many individuals to afford, let alone find quality turkeys this year. Haven recognized this and took matters into their own hands by securing and covering the cost of over 200 turkeys.
The Turkey Giveaway is one of the many ways Haven gives thanks to its dedicated community. Throughout the years, their customers have constantly supported Haven and allowed it to boom as one of California’s fastest growing cannabis dispensary organizations.
The Giveaway is running from 2pm to 5pm and promises to be an amazing event.
The event was assembled with loyal Haven customers, local food banks, and other members of the Long Beach community. Haven has enough supplies available to feed 200+ Long Beach families. The Turkey Giveaway will be held at Haven’s Downtown Long Beach location at 1248 Long Beach Blvd, Long Beach CA, 90813.
“We at Haven make it a priority to give back to our community not only during the Holiday Season, but all year long,” says Mike Simonian, Founder of Haven Dispensaries.
“Our neighbors do so much for us and it’s always an amazing opportunity when we can lend a helping hand and give back to those in need.”
Haven Hearts, the charitable arm of Haven, is responsible for this event and is dedicated to providing much needed funding, help and resources to all of the communities that Haven calls home. Haven Hearts was founded with one core mission: creating a safe space for all to appreciate and explore cannabis. From their friendly store fronts, to their welcoming staff, Haven wants to forge a connection with all of their neighbors. This event is just one of the many ways Haven hopes to achieve that sentiment and they are committed to much more giving this holiday season.
Haven thrives on partnerships with customers and other community leaders. By working together, Haven is able to offer large giveaways like this and many more. Throughout its efforts, Haven Hearts has generated tens of thousands of dollars from events for the community in the past year. By doing so, Haven is able to reinvest in its home and expand their footprint to influence even more communities across Southern California.
For more information on Haven, and to see all the charitable events they have held or participated in, visit their website at https://myhavenstores.com/.
HAVEN is an industry leading cannabis retailer with 6 currently operational storefronts, one set to open in Porterville in December 2022 and 8 more in development across California. Haven’s rapid growth establishes it as one of the fastest growing dispensary chains in California, attempting to connect with numerous communities across the state.
HAVEN’s mission is to provide the most enjoyable cannabis buying experience in the industry, made through moments of authenticity, wellness and exploration. This is a response to the still emerging, and often frustrating cannabis industry in California. Finding dispensaries and products can be quite the challenge to newcomers. HAVEN seeks to resolve these challenges, so consumers can explore cannabis like they would other products.
HAVEN offers an extensive assortment of superior products and services that make it a destination for cannabis enthusiasts from around the world. From their community outreach and charitable efforts, to their boutique storefronts and highly educated staff, HAVEN has quickly established themselves as a premier cannabis retailer. Their services included a rewards program, numerous discounts and details, curbside pickup, delivery, and more.
To learn more about the company, please visit the Haven Cannabis Dispensary website.
- Minority Cannabis Academy: Social Equity in PracticeThe Minority Cannabis Academy graduated its first class of 25 students in September. The Academy’s goal is to take advantage of the social equity atmosphere in New Jersey to help those most harmed by prohibition.
- Marijuana Policy Project Releases Voter Guide to 2022 Governors’ Races and Cannabis Policy Reform Ahead of Midterm ElectionOn Tuesday, the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) released their voter guide to 2022 governors’ races and cannabis policy reform. In 36 states, voters will be choosing their next governor on Election Day.
- Green Thumb to Launch “RISE Express” Dispensaries in FloridaGreen Thumb Industries Inc., a leading national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and owner of RISE Dispensaries, today announced plans to expand its medical retail footprint in Florida through a lease agreement with Circle K, the global convenience store retailer.
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses cannabis legalization constitutional amendmentMissouri AFL-CIO president Jake Hummel on Thursday announced his organization was endorsing the proposal, which will appear on the Nov. 8 ballot as Amendment 3, calling it a “huge step forward for criminal justice reform in Missouri.”
- Minnesota’s Black cannabis users far more likely to face arrest than white onesBlack Minnesotans are nearly five times as likely to be arrested on marijuana charges as white ones, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. It’s a disparity that has persisted for years, despite data showing that Black and white residents use cannabis at similar rates.
- Lawmakers ask MO governor to add cannabis legalization in special sessionA bipartisan group of lawmakers and activists are calling for Missouri Gov. Mike Parson to include marijuana legalization on the agenda of the legislature’s upcoming special session.
- In Brief: Pa. Governor Accepting Cannabis Pardon Requests in Sept.Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announce the PA Marijuana Pardon Program, offering expedited pardon reviews to people convicted of only minor cannabis possession for personal use.
- Michigan State Police stops cannabis testing after false positivesMichigan State Police have acknowledged that its blood tests for marijuana are producing false positives for THC, and it will immediately halt testing.
- Missouri Dems expect boost from cannabis, but split on specificsSupport for legalization and heartburn about the amendment’s details have led to soul-searching among Democratic Party officials across the state. The consternation is particularly acute among Black Democratic leaders.
- Signatures on Nebraska medical cannabis petitions to get another lookThe Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office has agreed to take another look at signatures submitted by a group seeking legalization of medical marijuana to determine if they should have been counted.