NASSAU, Bahamas — The next frontier of marketing and brand interaction was revealed by Cannaverse Technologies (“Cannaversetech™”) at the 2022 MJBizCon event in Las Vegas, Nevada, November 14-18. It came in the form of CANNALAND™ a unique platform community designed to enable worldwide businesses to operate virtually within one domain without boundaries and geographic constraints experienced in our physical world.
Cannaversetech™ and InterContinental Beverage Capital (IBC) teamed up to inspire the CANNALAND™ Metaverse concept which will be the world’s first dedicated place where cannabis enthusiasts and the canna-curious come together in a community of one, for all things cannabis.
CANNALAND™ and its strategic partners, will deliver a robust B2B and B2C immersive experience with a unique and integrated ecosystem targeted at the $33B cannabis market. It will also offer unique opportunities for brands, products, entertainment-based businesses, retailers and dispensaries, and venues to access future consumers and markets beyond what exists today. Cannaversetech™ CEO Mark Bonner said that “the time is now for burgeoning brands to place a stake in CANNALAND™ and help define what their futures will be within and beyond the broader cannabis market, and legalized geographies.
Matthew Morgan, one of the nation’s leading cannabis experts and advisor to CANNALAND™ and IBC said in an MJBizCon panel discussion titled “Blast Off to The Metaverse: Your Web 3.0 Cannabis Guide”, that CANNALAND™ is creating a 360-degree immersive experience where businesses, services, products, and other appealing digital lifestyle elements surround the consumer encouraging them to participate, transact online, and learn about cannabis. Citing that, since no geographic boundaries exist in the Metaverse, CANNALAND™ creates and provides access to businesses in a truly worldly universe of untapped commercial opportunity. Morgan said, “The Metaverse presents a unique value-added opportunity to develop and promote products even before introducing them in the physical and regulated world, allowing for conversational marketing and immersive experiences that help move the needle for participating brands”. The audience response to CANNALANDTM at MJBizCon was strong.
IBC president, Joseph Messina said that IBC was excited to assist Mark and his team develop the brand proposition and consumer experience bridging the existing physical cannabis world to a cannabis-curious population that will become future consumers and enthusiasts as the legislative, business, and capital barriers recede, and as the Metaverse immersive experience evolves.”
CANNALAND™ aims to bridge the best of Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 to create opportunities and engagement in the world’s first comprehensive cannabis-focused platform. This will include best-in-breed technology, a payment platform, limitless content integration opportunities, and seamless migration from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0, resulting in endless opportunities.
About Cannaverse Technologies (Cannaversetech™)
Cannaverse Technologies, the creator of CANNALAND™, the world’s first cannabis Metaverse and pioneer in cannabis product marketing, manufacturing, and merchandising with an innovative blockchain payment system, is empowering cultivators, growers, testing labs, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, medical dispensaries, and consumption lounges with the ability to scale and monetize their brands while directly addressing the existing gaps in the cannabis industry. Cannaversetech™’s meta marketplace on the blockchain revolutionizes the global cannabis industry by connecting every facet of the cannabis and hemp communities in a Metaverse environment. For more information, visit www.cannaversetech.io and www.cannaland.xyz
About InterContinental Beverage Capital, Inc.
IBC is a New York-based advisory and investment firm focused on the beverage and consumer packaged goods industries. IBC has a worldwide network of strategic industry contacts, lending institutions, consultants, recruiters, and management teams. These sources provide expertise, industry capabilities, access to new customers, and valuable investment and commercial banking capabilities to partnership companies. IBC is actively seeking investments in its targeted verticals in companies, which have unique products and dedicated management that exhibit the ability to develop into category leaders. For more information log onto www.inbevcapital.com
- Minority Cannabis Academy: Social Equity in PracticeThe Minority Cannabis Academy graduated its first class of 25 students in September. The Academy’s goal is to take advantage of the social equity atmosphere in New Jersey to help those most harmed by prohibition.
- Marijuana Policy Project Releases Voter Guide to 2022 Governors’ Races and Cannabis Policy Reform Ahead of Midterm ElectionOn Tuesday, the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) released their voter guide to 2022 governors’ races and cannabis policy reform. In 36 states, voters will be choosing their next governor on Election Day.
- Green Thumb to Launch “RISE Express” Dispensaries in FloridaGreen Thumb Industries Inc., a leading national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and owner of RISE Dispensaries, today announced plans to expand its medical retail footprint in Florida through a lease agreement with Circle K, the global convenience store retailer.
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses cannabis legalization constitutional amendmentMissouri AFL-CIO president Jake Hummel on Thursday announced his organization was endorsing the proposal, which will appear on the Nov. 8 ballot as Amendment 3, calling it a “huge step forward for criminal justice reform in Missouri.”
- Minnesota’s Black cannabis users far more likely to face arrest than white onesBlack Minnesotans are nearly five times as likely to be arrested on marijuana charges as white ones, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. It’s a disparity that has persisted for years, despite data showing that Black and white residents use cannabis at similar rates.
- Lawmakers ask MO governor to add cannabis legalization in special sessionA bipartisan group of lawmakers and activists are calling for Missouri Gov. Mike Parson to include marijuana legalization on the agenda of the legislature’s upcoming special session.
- In Brief: Pa. Governor Accepting Cannabis Pardon Requests in Sept.Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announce the PA Marijuana Pardon Program, offering expedited pardon reviews to people convicted of only minor cannabis possession for personal use.
- Michigan State Police stops cannabis testing after false positivesMichigan State Police have acknowledged that its blood tests for marijuana are producing false positives for THC, and it will immediately halt testing.
- Missouri Dems expect boost from cannabis, but split on specificsSupport for legalization and heartburn about the amendment’s details have led to soul-searching among Democratic Party officials across the state. The consternation is particularly acute among Black Democratic leaders.
- Signatures on Nebraska medical cannabis petitions to get another lookThe Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office has agreed to take another look at signatures submitted by a group seeking legalization of medical marijuana to determine if they should have been counted.