The comprehensive partnership will focus on building breakthrough consumer cannabis products across multiple categories
PHOENIX — Copperstate Farms Management, LLC, a vertically integrated cannabis company based in Arizona, and celebrity health and wellness brand incubation firm Healthy Lifestyle Brands, LLC., today announced the formation of joint venture, Grand Cannabis Co. The partnership will focus on developing lifestyle-driven cannabis products catering to the diverse needs of a broader consumer market.
“We look forward to expanding our retail offerings with sophisticated cannabis brands that will resonate in Arizona and have national appeal,” stated Scott Barker, co-founder and managing director at Copperstate Farms.
According to the Arizona Department of Revenue, combined state cannabis sales totaled more than $1.23 billion through the first 11 months of 2021, well outpacing Colorado’s first year of recreational sales at approximately $684 million in 2014.
The Grand Cannabis Co. joint venture is a symbiotic endeavor that will combine the industry-leading cultivation and manufacturing capabilities at Copperstate Farms with Healthy Lifestyle Brands’ consumer marketing, product development, and health and wellness expertise.
Established in 2016, Copperstate Farms is the top cannabis wholesaler in Arizona and home to the largest cannabis greenhouse in the U.S., at 40 acres under glass. The company has the capacity to double its production capabilities to 80 acres and recently completed a new hydrocarbon lab at its facility in Snowflake, Arizona.
Copperstate Farms is also the parent company to dispensary retail concept Sol Flower, which includes a public-facing café and wellness classroom. The multi-use dispensary brand has locations in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, and Sun City, Arizona.
“We are excited to partner with Copperstate Farms and bring a new level of wellness to cannabis products for consumers,” stated Jeff Willard, president at Healthy Lifestyle Brands. “We also believe it’s time to further advance the conversation on the healing attributes of cannabis,” explained Chief Medical Officer Tieraona Low Dog, M.D.
Established in 2001, Healthy Lifestyle Brands provides brand incubation and product innovation resources to scale opportunities in the health and wellness space, with a focus on building celebrity brands. The company has developed a wide spectrum of science-based consumer products working with trusted talent, including Dr. Low Dog, one of the foremost authorities in herbal and botanical medicine.
Grand Cannabis Co. recently relaunched Arizona cannabis brand Good Things Coming, expanding the premium product offerings to include high-quality pre-rolls and cartridges, in addition to the brand’s award-winning edibles. Good Things Coming will introduce other new products in Q1 2022 and beyond. Also planned is a need state focused brand that will launch in Q3 designed for better sleep and to address other common wellness issues.
For more information, visit CopperstateFarms.com.
About Copperstate Farms Management, LLC:
Established in 2016, Copperstate Farms Management, LLC, is a vertically integrated cannabis operator headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. The company manages the licensed production and distribution of cannabis in the U.S. and operates a 1.7-million-square-foot greenhouse in Snowflake, Arizona. Copperstate Farms is the parent company of multiple product suites and the dispensary retail concept Sol Flower, which includes a public-facing café and wellness classroom. The multi-use dispensary brand has five locations in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sun City, and two in Tempe, Arizona.
Copperstate Farms is dedicated to bringing growth to the local and state economy through the hiring of local laborers, material suppliers, and contractors. For more information, visit CopperstateFarms.com.
About Healthy Lifestyle Brands, LLC:
Healthy Lifestyle Brands, LLC, is a celebrity brand incubation firm, operating in the health and wellness space. The company provides a unique array of integrated resources for scalable, sustainable opportunities for the brands, personalities, and partners it represents. Healthy Lifestyle Brands believes optimal health and wellness are the foundation of a good life. The Company helps its portfolio of visionaries (health and wellness experts, doctors, fitness icons, athletes, celebrities and artists) positively impact the world by building health and wellness businesses around their personalities, brands and expertise. The company is committed to helping people live healthier lives and believes that making healthy choices should be easy. For more information, visit HealthyLifestyleBrands.com.
- Minority Cannabis Academy: Social Equity in PracticeThe Minority Cannabis Academy graduated its first class of 25 students in September. The Academy’s goal is to take advantage of the social equity atmosphere in New Jersey to help those most harmed by prohibition.
- Marijuana Policy Project Releases Voter Guide to 2022 Governors’ Races and Cannabis Policy Reform Ahead of Midterm ElectionOn Tuesday, the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) released their voter guide to 2022 governors’ races and cannabis policy reform. In 36 states, voters will be choosing their next governor on Election Day.
- Green Thumb to Launch “RISE Express” Dispensaries in FloridaGreen Thumb Industries Inc., a leading national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and owner of RISE Dispensaries, today announced plans to expand its medical retail footprint in Florida through a lease agreement with Circle K, the global convenience store retailer.
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses cannabis legalization constitutional amendmentMissouri AFL-CIO president Jake Hummel on Thursday announced his organization was endorsing the proposal, which will appear on the Nov. 8 ballot as Amendment 3, calling it a “huge step forward for criminal justice reform in Missouri.”
- Minnesota’s Black cannabis users far more likely to face arrest than white onesBlack Minnesotans are nearly five times as likely to be arrested on marijuana charges as white ones, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. It’s a disparity that has persisted for years, despite data showing that Black and white residents use cannabis at similar rates.
- Lawmakers ask MO governor to add cannabis legalization in special sessionA bipartisan group of lawmakers and activists are calling for Missouri Gov. Mike Parson to include marijuana legalization on the agenda of the legislature’s upcoming special session.
- In Brief: Pa. Governor Accepting Cannabis Pardon Requests in Sept.Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announce the PA Marijuana Pardon Program, offering expedited pardon reviews to people convicted of only minor cannabis possession for personal use.
- Michigan State Police stops cannabis testing after false positivesMichigan State Police have acknowledged that its blood tests for marijuana are producing false positives for THC, and it will immediately halt testing.
- Missouri Dems expect boost from cannabis, but split on specificsSupport for legalization and heartburn about the amendment’s details have led to soul-searching among Democratic Party officials across the state. The consternation is particularly acute among Black Democratic leaders.
- Signatures on Nebraska medical cannabis petitions to get another lookThe Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office has agreed to take another look at signatures submitted by a group seeking legalization of medical marijuana to determine if they should have been counted.