TAMPA, Fla. — Global Widget, CPG manufacturer of premium Hemp-derived cannabinoid and health and wellness products, will showcase its newest product and brand offerings at the 2022 Convenience Distribution Marketplace, February 7-9, at the JW Marriott Tampa in Tampa, FL. According to the Convenience Distribution Association (CDA), Convenience Distribution Marketplace is the only national conference and trade show exclusively for the wholesale distributors of convenience stores in the U.S.
“As the Hemp category captain in convenience with over 60% market share, we look forward to collaborative conversations regarding innovation and market strategies,” said Vince Gillen, Vice President of Sales for Global Widget. “This is a great opportunity to welcome both existing and prospective distributors to our hometown and showcase our gummy manufacturing and distribution capabilities.”
In addition to Hemp-derived cannabinoid products from Hemp Bombs®, Global Widget will also highlight products from its additional health and wellness brands, Mystic Labs™, hyper brain iQ and Forever Well Nutrition™.
CDA is a trade organization working on behalf of convenience products distributors in the United States. Its distributor members represent more than $102 billion in U.S. convenience product sales and serve a wide variety of small retail formats. The organization’s annual conference brings together CDA members with key trading partners for one-on-one meetings.
“Hemp-derived cannabinoids will continue to be a growth point for convenience in 2022,” said Gillen. “As retailers look for ways to compete with licensed dispensaries, the popularity of low-THC, Hemp-derived products available to consumers at local retail stores will continue to increase.”
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, Global Widget became a member of CDA in 2021 and attended its CDBX event in September held in Chicago. Global Widget recently announced the acquisition of its Florida Food Hemp Establishment Permits as it expanded its manufacturing and distribution facilities in Tampa.
Global Widget, founded in 2016 and headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a vertically integrated manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium Hemp-derived cannabinoid and health and wellness products, and a leader in gummy production and packaging. The company is the trusted powerhouse behind Hemp and health and wellness brands Hemp Bombs®, Mystic Labs™, hyper brain iQ and Forever Well Nutrition™. With more than 150,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 350 employees, Global Widget is home to two of the nation’s largest Hemp brands and a leading contract manufacturer providing quality products and support services to retailers, distributors and private brands worldwide. https://globalwidget.com/.
- Nebraska medical cannabis backers file legal challenge to petition processSupporters of medical marijuana in Nebraska have launched a legal challenge to the state’s requirement that 5% of registered voters in at least 38 counties sign a petition to get the measure before voters on the ballot.
- N.J. lawmakers seek to curb cannabis useAs New Jersey nears the end of its first month of legal recreational marijuana sales, lawmakers have introduced a series of bills aimed at restricting what types of workers can use cannabis off the job.
- Missouri House votes to require disclosure of medical cannabis ownership recordsThe Missouri House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to require state regulators to disclose ownership information for businesses granted medical marijuana licenses that the state has withheld from public view.
- Nebraska medical cannabis group calls for ‘grassroots’ effort after losing donorUnable to raise $1 million to replace funds from a major donor who died, Nebraskans for Medical Marijuana issued a plea Friday for supporters of the cause to take up petitions and gather signatures.
- Lawmaker says GOP resistance may doom Missouri cannabis legalizationA Republican lawmaker pushing legislation to legalize recreational marijuana in Missouri says his bill is in jeopardy because of stall tactics by his GOP colleagues and the insistence of the House floor leader that it include license caps.
- SD cannabis legalization campaign to submit signatures for NovemberToday, South Dakotans for Better Marijuana Laws, the political group that led the 2020 campaign to legalize cannabis in South Dakota, submitted petitions to place an adult-use cannabis legalization initiated measure on the November 2022 ballot.
- NH senate votes down legal cannabis bills, ending chances for 2022The New Hampshire Senate voted down two bills to legalize cannabis Thursday, likely heading off the last opportunities for legalization in the Granite State this year.
- Last Prisoner Project: Taking Real Action to Help Cannabis Prisoners“It really remains a fundamental injustice,” said Stephen Post, of America’s criminalization of cannabis. “We’re really helping to try to turn around those injustices.” Post works as a campaign manager for Last Prisoner Project (LPP), a nonprofit assisting cannabis prisoners.
- Federal attempts to legalize cannabis flail, while public support growsAcross the country, attitudes toward cannabis are becoming more permissive and accepting, but partisan gridlock in Congress virtually ensures that legislation to decriminalize marijuana will languish and die in the U.S. Senate.
- Wisconsin GOP medical cannabis bill gets 4/20 public hearingThe bill, authored by Sen. Mary Felzkowski (R-Irma), would legalize medicinal use of cannabis under specific conditions. Patients would need to be registered, and the cannabis must be in the form of a liquid, oil, pill, tincture or topical ointment.