DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)–$CBD.U #CBD–HempFusion Wellness Inc. (TSX:CBD.U) (OTCQX:CBDHF) (FWB:8OO) (“HempFusion” or the “Company”), a leading health and wellness company offering premium probiotic supplements and products containing CBD, is pleased to announce that it has promoted Maria Leal, the Company’s Vice President, Controller and Interim Chief Financial Officer, to Chief Financial Officer.
Ms. Leal holds a CPA and an MBA and has a strong track record in financial management having served in various senior financial accounting positions during her more than 20-year career. Since joining HempFusion in July of 2019, Ms. Leal has been instrumental in all financial reporting aspects for the Company.
“Having Maria continue as our full-time Chief Financial Officer will benefit HempFusion since she truly understands the business, is well connected in the industry, and knows how to navigate certain complex regulations,” said Jason Mitchell, N.D., HempFusion’s Co-Founder and Chief Executive officer. “Maria is an outstanding steward and strategist of capital and will play a key role in HempFusion’s next phase of growth,” continued Dr. Mitchell.
One of a select few CBD companies who are today fully prepared to meet or exceed expected FDA guidance, HempFusion Wellness Inc. is a leading health and wellness company whose family of premium consumer brands include HempFusion™, Sagely Naturals™, Apothecanna™, and Probulin Probiotics™, one of the fastest-growing probiotics companies in the United States according to SPINs reported data.
Utilizing the power of whole-food hemp nutrition, the HempFusion family of brands’ product portfolio comprises 112 SKUs including USDA Organic Certified Tinctures, proprietary FDA Drug Listed Over-The-Counter (OTC) Topicals, probiotic supplements and skin care products, a Doctor/Practitioner line, a White Label division and more. With a strong focus on research and development, HempFusion Wellness has 43 products under development.
Available from more than 15,000 US retail locations across all 50 states, HempFusion Wellness products are also available in China, Mexico, Ireland, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, South Korea and Canada and may be purchased online from each brand’s website, The Probulin Store on Amazon.com, Alibaba’s Tmall.com, the world’s largest cross-border online marketplace, and a multitude of additional e-commerce sites.
Neither the TSX nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Jason Mitchell, N.D.
Chief Executive Officer and Director
- Is CBD Right for Your Dog?“I am an advocate for CBD, but we succeed because our goal is to educate owners. We try to come from a place of science and personal experience. We do not believe in pressure selling CBD to anyone.”
- Opinion: It’s time for action on adult-use cannabis in PennsylvaniaNational and local surveys of voters continue to reflect overwhelming support for legalization. Cannabis consumers are no longer asking for permission, instead we are demanding REAL reform at the ballot box. Politicians who make grand promises of cannabis reform should be on notice to start making good, or start looking for jobs in the private sector.
- Virginia seals 64,000 marijuana distribution chargesOfficials said the records were scrubbed from the state’s criminal record database, which is used by employers like school boards, state agencies and local governments to screen employees.
- Charlie Crist vows to push for legalizing cannabis as governorAt a press conference in the state capital, Crist argued that the criminalization of marijuana has negatively impacted Floridians, therefore, he will push for “expungement of all existing charges and sentences for misdemeanors and third-degree felonies for marijuana possession.”
- Nevada program to help BIPOC cannabis industry applicantsNevada’s cannabis rush following the legalization of recreational and medical marijuana saw the rise of another multibillion dollar industry that is predominantly owned and managed by white men.
- Judge blocks residency rule for Missouri medical cannabis licensesA federal judge last week permanently blocked Missouri from enforcing a requirement that medical marijuana licenses go to businesses owned by residents of the state.
- SD adult-use cannabis initiative approved to gather signaturesSouth Dakotans for Better Marijuana Laws, the group behind last year’s cannabis legalization push, announced yesterday that a new initiative has been approved for signature gathering.
- Cannabis “tipping point” close, says Marijuana Policy Project headDuring a recent phone interview, Hawkins told Profiles in Legalization that he thinks half of U.S. states fully legalizing cannabis might be the “tipping point” into an end to federal cannabis prohibition.
- Virginia medical cannabis patients see high prices and long waitsJenn Michelle Pedini, executive director of Virginia NORML, the state chapter of the National Organization for the Reform Marijuana Laws, noted the state’s decision to limit the program to five producers, who are only allowed to operate in the specific region of the state in which they are licensed.
- MS activists rally around the state for medical cannabis lawsHouse and Senate negotiators dickered most of the summer on a plan to replace the medical marijuana program the high court shot down. Reeves had said that if lawmakers could reach an agreement, he would call them into special session to pass it.