Bruno brings over 25 years of experience and has been Nationally Recognized as an award-winning Business Builder and Innovator
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. — JM Search, a premier retained executive search firm, announces today, the placement of Denyelle Bruno as Chief Executive Officer of Perfect Union, California’s largest wholly-owned cannabis company.
Bruno brings over 25 years of experience building brands and businesses. She was awarded 2020 CEO of the Year by the Los Angeles Business Journal, among other prestigious leadership awards, while serving as CEO of Tender Greens, where she restructured the farm-to-fork restaurant chain to ready it for broad national scale. She was part of the seven-member team that created Apple’s retail experience and personally opened the first Apple store (Glendale, Calif. in 2001). She has held leadership positions at some of the nation’s most renowned brands, including Peet’s Coffee & Tea and Drybar, where she helped build one of the hottest brands in the beauty industry as President of Retail.
“I’m ecstatic to be joining the fastest growing industry in the world. I spent years looking for the right opportunity, in cannabis. Perfect Union’s reputation, high-caliber investors and its desire to scale made it a perfect fit. I’m excited to use my expertise to push this industry to the next level,” said Denyelle Bruno.
JM Search Partners, Abbee Phillips and MaryJeanne Scott are proud to have collaborated with Perfect Union on this placement. Abbee Phillips is a founding member of JM Search’s Cannabis Practice, that was established back in 2016, and MaryJeanne Scott leads the Consumer Practice. JM Search was the first exclusively retained executive search firm in North America to form a dedicated Cannabis Industry Practice. The firm leverages its knowledge and extensive network across consumer, technology, manufacturing, and healthcare sectors to identify and successfully recruit transformative leaders who are helping to professionalize and scale Cannabis companies across North America.
“Denyelle is exactly the type of leader this business and industry needs. She will bring her understanding of building great brands and best in class teams to Perfect Union,” said Phillips. “As the cannabis industry scales, so does the demand for experienced executive leadership. We are seeing that demand is met with interest, as more and more executives are looking to shift into the cannabis industry. This industry is at a pivotal inflection point. We are dedicated to our mission of recruiting well-vetted senior executives from outside the industry who can quickly adapt and apply their expertise to help scale cannabis-related companies and accelerate growth.”
“The cannabis industry has been a front runner in making it a priority to have underrepresented individuals a part of their leadership teams,” said Scott. “With diversity, equity and inclusion as one of our core values, we are thrilled to not only provide our client with the best possible talent but to have female executives rise to the top of the cannabis industry. Denyelle’s expertise will aid in building a world-class team and will not only take Perfect Union but the cannabis industry to new heights.”
Congratulations to Denyelle for truly being at the forefront of shaping the future of the cannabis industry.
View the press release published by Perfect Union here .
About JM Search
JM Search (www.jmsearch.com) is a premier retained executive search firm and trusted advisor to CEOs, investors, and boards of directors in recruiting, assessing and delivering high performance leaders and transformational leadership teams. JM Search clients include private equity firms and portfolio companies, venture capital-backed businesses, and publicly held companies across North America. Founded in 1980, the JM Search team brings together former operating and financial executives, investors and experienced search professionals with deep industry specialization, functional expertise and proven access to talent spanning multiple industry sectors. With national reach and local market depth, the firm’s partner-led approach enables JM Search to deliver exceptional leaders who enhance organizational performance and drive shareholder value.
About Perfect Union
Perfect Union has over a decade of experience managing profitable cannabis businesses; navigating state and local laws and regulations; and adding value to the communities where they operate. The company has a proven track record of building engagement, social welfare and outreach programs that focus on local partnerships, monetary investments, and donations.
- Mississippi House amends medical cannabis bill, returns to SenateThe House on Wednesday passed a Senate medical marijuana proposal, but only after changing the bill to lower the amount of cannabis a patient could get. The vote was 104-14 on the amended Senate Bill 2095.
- Cheech & Chef: Comedy legend fronts “stoner food” delivery service“With the pandemic, you want to go out,” Cheech Marin tells Profiles in Legalization, “but it’s tough to get into some places. So if you can order from them and have them deliver… Yay! Progress.”
- Florida’s growing medical cannabis program could lead to changesWith Florida’s medical marijuana program continuing to grow as more patients seek approval for marijuana cards, some state lawmakers in the 2022 session are pursuing changes to make it easier to access medical marijuana, raising concerns from some marijuana activists that physicians could be negatively impacted.
- Senate overwhelmingly passes Mississippi medical cannabisThe vote on Senate Bill 2095 was initially counted as 45-5, well beyond what would be considered a veto-proof majority, but subject to change as it was by use of morning roll call and senators could change their votes or check in through the end of the day.
- Ohio cannabis legalization group turns in additional signaturesThe Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol submitted 29,918 additional signatures in support of an initiated statute legalizing the adult use of marijuana to the Ohio Secretary of State’s office today.
- Senate vote on Mississippi medical cannabis bill expected Thursday. Here’s a look at the bill.After years of debate and hang-fire, a Mississippi medical marijuana program for people with chronic and debilitating illnesses inched forward Wednesday, with a Senate committee passing a bill along to the full chamber.
- Virginia lawmakers still at odds over resentencing for people in prison on cannabis chargesNearly a year after Virginia lawmakers voted to legalize possession of marijuana, they remain divided on what — if anything — to do about people currently imprisoned on marijuana charges.
- Opinion: We need Social Equity in all cannabis industries now“It’s time that we establish more robust social equity programs that allow all to thrive in this industry. It shouldn’t just be those who have institutional money or come from a position of privilege.”
- As clock ticks, headwinds build against Mississippi medical cannabisFor some time after the Supreme Court shot down a vote of the people to create a Mississippi medical marijuana, it appeared fait accompli that lawmakers would enact a program, per the “will of the voters.” That outcome is now in doubt.
- Oregon enforces new federal hemp rules for state growersHemp growers in the state will now need to abide by several new federal regulations that will be overseen by the Oregon Department of Agriculture. The changes come at a time of growing concerns over illegal marijuana operations in parts of southern Oregon.