The anticipated event’s buzz-worthy return energized the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, November 18 – 21
Toronto, ON — Exciting! Engaging! Enlightening! Lift&Co. Expo returned to Toronto last week, with exclamations aplenty. After an anticipation-building hiatus, Canada’s no. 1 cannabis and psychedelics conference and trade show treated thousands to surprises and a-ha moments, levelling-up its signature experience with many forward-thinking new features.
Kicking off Day 1 on November 18, the event’s fan-favourite full-day conference did not disappoint. The 2021 Lift Cannabis Business Conference gathered Canada’s top business leaders, innovators, and policymakers for a veritable master class in the cannabis industry. Day 2 on November 19 brought the debut of the Lift Psychedelics Business Summit, an in-depth exploration of dynamic new psychedelics intel and advances. The Lift&Co. Expo Industry & Consumer Days trade show, November 19 – 21, rounded out the schedule, including hundreds of up-and-coming exhibitors and dozens of special presentations.
Lift&Co. Expo 2021 Highlights included:
- The Buzz is Back
Over 10,000 people attended Lift&Co. Expo 2021!
- Cool Connections
Toronto’s must-go show reinforced its reputation as the premiere place to connect with innovators, trailblazers, movers, and shakers in the cannabis and psychedelics communities.
- Even Cooler Content
Nowhere else provides Lift-level educational content, and this year was no exception. Plus, entertainment, demos, and more, on the new Well & Good expo stage raised the bar, as the Cannabis Job Fair attracted new industry talent.
- Psychedelics in the Spotlight
The Lift Psychedelics Business Summit is now Canada’s busiest intersection for psychedelics business, science, and healthcare. This is where the rubber met the road for Canada’s top CEOs, investors, researchers, regulators, and the growing therapeutics community.
- High Profile Speakers
Every day had outstanding speaker panels chockful of Canada’s smartest, most experienced, and most innovative talent in the cannabis and psychedelics sectors, including Alison Gordon, Bruce Linton, Dr. Mark Ware, Brianne Tolp, Niel Marotta, Ross Lipson, Irie Selkirk, Todd Shapiro, Trina Fraser, Dr. Evan Lewis, and so many more.
- Social Networking
Colourful backdrops, irresistible photo ops, and additional activations throughout the show inspired attendees to pose, post, and promote their love for Lift&Co. Expo.
- Lift&Co. Expo After Party
Saturday night’s celebration of the industry, presented by Hawthorne™ at Toronto’s iconic El Mocambo, treated “Golden Ticket” holders to a night they won’t soon forget!
- Prizes & More!
From after-party “Golden Ticket” winners and a joint rolling competition to performances by Birds of Bellwood, Skins N’ Strings, and Corporate Vibrations, there was always excitement to be found.
- Highlight Images Attached
“This year’s Lift&Co. Expo exceeded our expectations across the board,” says Shawn Pierce, President of MCI Events. “As I walked the expo floor, talking with so many business owners and guests, I was inspired by the sense of camaraderie and positivity within the Lift&Co. community. It was a privilege to bring this beloved event back, and better than ever before. With thanks to the city of Toronto and the hard-working team members who made this show possible, we look forward to seeing you all again next year.”
Save The Date!
May 12-15, 2022
MCI is the global leader in engaging and activating audiences. Our business is founded on a simple human insight: When people come together, magic happens. Since 1987, we have been bringing people together through inspiring meetings, events, congresses and associations or community management. MCI helps organizations harness the power of community by applying our strategic engagement and activation solutions to build unforgettable online and offline experiences that foster change, inspire, educate, and enhance business performance. MCI is an independently owned company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, and boasts a global presence with 2,500+ professionals in 61 offices and 31 countries, who work with clients across Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, India, and the Middle East. Visit us at wearemci.com or Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
ABOUT MVP EDUCATION, LLC
MVP Education, LLC is an equity investor who partners with associations, event owners and license owners to accelerate the growth, innovation, and impact of your events.
- Minority Cannabis Academy: Social Equity in PracticeThe Minority Cannabis Academy graduated its first class of 25 students in September. The Academy’s goal is to take advantage of the social equity atmosphere in New Jersey to help those most harmed by prohibition.
- Marijuana Policy Project Releases Voter Guide to 2022 Governors’ Races and Cannabis Policy Reform Ahead of Midterm ElectionOn Tuesday, the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) released their voter guide to 2022 governors’ races and cannabis policy reform. In 36 states, voters will be choosing their next governor on Election Day.
- Green Thumb to Launch “RISE Express” Dispensaries in FloridaGreen Thumb Industries Inc., a leading national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and owner of RISE Dispensaries, today announced plans to expand its medical retail footprint in Florida through a lease agreement with Circle K, the global convenience store retailer.
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses cannabis legalization constitutional amendmentMissouri AFL-CIO president Jake Hummel on Thursday announced his organization was endorsing the proposal, which will appear on the Nov. 8 ballot as Amendment 3, calling it a “huge step forward for criminal justice reform in Missouri.”
- Minnesota’s Black cannabis users far more likely to face arrest than white onesBlack Minnesotans are nearly five times as likely to be arrested on marijuana charges as white ones, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. It’s a disparity that has persisted for years, despite data showing that Black and white residents use cannabis at similar rates.
- Lawmakers ask MO governor to add cannabis legalization in special sessionA bipartisan group of lawmakers and activists are calling for Missouri Gov. Mike Parson to include marijuana legalization on the agenda of the legislature’s upcoming special session.
- In Brief: Pa. Governor Accepting Cannabis Pardon Requests in Sept.Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announce the PA Marijuana Pardon Program, offering expedited pardon reviews to people convicted of only minor cannabis possession for personal use.
- Michigan State Police stops cannabis testing after false positivesMichigan State Police have acknowledged that its blood tests for marijuana are producing false positives for THC, and it will immediately halt testing.
- Missouri Dems expect boost from cannabis, but split on specificsSupport for legalization and heartburn about the amendment’s details have led to soul-searching among Democratic Party officials across the state. The consternation is particularly acute among Black Democratic leaders.
- Signatures on Nebraska medical cannabis petitions to get another lookThe Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office has agreed to take another look at signatures submitted by a group seeking legalization of medical marijuana to determine if they should have been counted.