PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Ocean State Controlled Botanicals (OSBC) has launched Hangar 420, its cannabis innovation, production, and distribution facility in Warwick, Rhode Island. The first of its kind in Rhode Island, Hangar 420’s state-of-the-art, 18,000-square-foot facility was designed with the flexibility to scale the facility and production capacity in line with growing demand.
The launch of Hangar 420 is a phased approach: Phase One focused on building the cultivation, distribution, and inventory storage area and packaging facility and Phase Two will center on manufacturing and edibles. The new facility provides Hangar 420 the ability to deliver:
- Premium and rare exotic cannabis strains grown onsite, including Do Si Sherbert and Crescendo
- A highly experienced team of growers and operators working at the facility in Rhode Island
- Peripheral development and broad job opportunities in Warwick, RI
- Top tier engineering and technologies powering the facility
- The highest-level of quality genetics in the cannabis industry
“We are extremely proud of what we have developed at Hangar 420, with a next-generation facility bolstered by an extraordinary team in the heart of Rhode Island,” said Octavius Prince, CEO and founder of Hangar 420. “This presents a unique opportunity for us to participate in the explosive growth of the multi-billion-dollar cannabis market and we are well positioned and capitalized as an innovation leader in helping to define this industry.”
“As Rhode Island lawmakers are expected to introduce a marijuana legalization bill this month, our scalability as a facility will be a tremendous benefit to the Ocean State as new licenses come out to accommodate recreational use,” added Joe Dilley, Director of Post Production at Hangar 420.
According to BDSA, the leading provider of market research solutions for the global cannabinoid industry, cannabis sales topped $17 Billion in the last year alone, representing a 46% growth in the market year-over-year. By 2026, BDSA predicts the legal U.S. cannabis market will reach $41 billion in annual sales, roughly the size of the craft beer industry.
About Hangar 420
Based in Warwick, Rhode Island, Hangar 420 is a leading next-generation cannabis producer and distributor. Bolstered by an award-winning team, Hangar 420 aims to provide premium cannabis products. For more information, visit Hangar420.com.
- Advocates, parents ‘beg’ Nebraskans to seek out and sign petition to legalize medical cannabisAdvocates for legalizing medical marijuana switched Wednesday from urging Nebraskans to sign their petition to begging them as a July 7 deadline looms to submit signatures to qualify for the ballot in November.
- Iowans launch cannabis reform campaign aimed at showing public supportRobert “Lewy” Lewis of Windsor Heights has been in pain since 1974, when he had spinal surgery at the age of 21. To repair a blockage in his spine, surgeons removed eight inches of his vertebrae and then sewed them back on, using about 300 steel stitches.
- Big Apple Cannabis: CWCB Returns to New York City for Eighth Year“No one seems to have gotten it right.” Mayor Eric Adams told a Friday afternoon crowd, of legal cannabis in America. “This is our chance to get it right.” New York City’s mayor addressed attendees of the 2022 Cannabis World Congress & Business Expo (CWCBExpo) on the second day of the three-day event. Adams stressed the social equity focus of New York’s cannabis program.
- Nebraska medical cannabis backers file legal challenge to petition processSupporters of medical marijuana in Nebraska have launched a legal challenge to the state’s requirement that 5% of registered voters in at least 38 counties sign a petition to get the measure before voters on the ballot.
- N.J. lawmakers seek to curb cannabis useAs New Jersey nears the end of its first month of legal recreational marijuana sales, lawmakers have introduced a series of bills aimed at restricting what types of workers can use cannabis off the job.
- Missouri House votes to require disclosure of medical cannabis ownership recordsThe Missouri House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to require state regulators to disclose ownership information for businesses granted medical marijuana licenses that the state has withheld from public view.
- Nebraska medical cannabis group calls for ‘grassroots’ effort after losing donorUnable to raise $1 million to replace funds from a major donor who died, Nebraskans for Medical Marijuana issued a plea Friday for supporters of the cause to take up petitions and gather signatures.
- Lawmaker says GOP resistance may doom Missouri cannabis legalizationA Republican lawmaker pushing legislation to legalize recreational marijuana in Missouri says his bill is in jeopardy because of stall tactics by his GOP colleagues and the insistence of the House floor leader that it include license caps.
- SD cannabis legalization campaign to submit signatures for NovemberToday, South Dakotans for Better Marijuana Laws, the political group that led the 2020 campaign to legalize cannabis in South Dakota, submitted petitions to place an adult-use cannabis legalization initiated measure on the November 2022 ballot.
- NH senate votes down legal cannabis bills, ending chances for 2022The New Hampshire Senate voted down two bills to legalize cannabis Thursday, likely heading off the last opportunities for legalization in the Granite State this year.