ST. LOUIS — Purpl Scientific Inc., a division of Nynomic AG (M7U: Xetra), has signed leading Cannabis MSO, Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”) (CSE: GTII) (OTCQX: GTBIF) to an R&D agreement, which aims to bring near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) testing for Cannabis Extracts and finished products. Preliminary results show that NIRS can compete with High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). Purpl’s smartphone paired sensors enable highly accurate testing in seconds, by any employee, with minimal capital expense or consumables.
While HPLC is considered the gold standard in terms of accuracy, and is used in state-mandated testing, it requires significant capital outlays for equipment, expensive consumables, trained technicians, and significant amounts of time per test. Purpl’s devices allow rapid testing for all points in between.
According to Dr. Deyaa AbuSalim, Green Thumb’s National Director of Analytics and Chemistry Development, “working with Purpl has transformed the way we think about potency testing and opens up possibilities that we hadn’t imagined.”
Purpl plans to release tests by product type: first potency for distillate, winterized CO2 oil, trim, and flower with more capabilities to follow. The new capabilities will allow testing of input stock (trim and flower), finished products, and intermediate steps. Supercritical CO2 and Ethanol tests are already being validated, with White Papers to follow. Testing will not be limited to potency, but also winterization, decarboxylation and other metrics. Product demos will be available at MJBizCon in November, with initial product release to begin January 2023.
About Purpl Scientific:
Purpl Scientific Inc. (Purpl) is an innovation company dedicated to the evolution of the cannabis industry. Our products reduce the mystery and guesswork of cannabis quality and chemical composition throughout the entire lifecycle, from cultivation to consumption. We are an advanced tech organization that prides itself on simplifying complexity. We pack a ton of new generation technologies into our hand-held applications that are exceedingly powerful, amazingly fast, extremely affordable, and controlled with the click of a button. More information is available at www.purplscientific.com.
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, promotes well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which it serves. Green Thumb manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products and also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called RISE. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Green Thumb has 17 manufacturing facilities, 77 open retail locations and operations across 15 U.S. markets. More information is available at www.GTIgrows.com.
- Minority Cannabis Academy: Social Equity in PracticeThe Minority Cannabis Academy graduated its first class of 25 students in September. The Academy’s goal is to take advantage of the social equity atmosphere in New Jersey to help those most harmed by prohibition.
- Marijuana Policy Project Releases Voter Guide to 2022 Governors’ Races and Cannabis Policy Reform Ahead of Midterm ElectionOn Tuesday, the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) released their voter guide to 2022 governors’ races and cannabis policy reform. In 36 states, voters will be choosing their next governor on Election Day.
- Green Thumb to Launch “RISE Express” Dispensaries in FloridaGreen Thumb Industries Inc., a leading national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and owner of RISE Dispensaries, today announced plans to expand its medical retail footprint in Florida through a lease agreement with Circle K, the global convenience store retailer.
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses cannabis legalization constitutional amendmentMissouri AFL-CIO president Jake Hummel on Thursday announced his organization was endorsing the proposal, which will appear on the Nov. 8 ballot as Amendment 3, calling it a “huge step forward for criminal justice reform in Missouri.”
- Minnesota’s Black cannabis users far more likely to face arrest than white onesBlack Minnesotans are nearly five times as likely to be arrested on marijuana charges as white ones, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. It’s a disparity that has persisted for years, despite data showing that Black and white residents use cannabis at similar rates.
- Lawmakers ask MO governor to add cannabis legalization in special sessionA bipartisan group of lawmakers and activists are calling for Missouri Gov. Mike Parson to include marijuana legalization on the agenda of the legislature’s upcoming special session.
- In Brief: Pa. Governor Accepting Cannabis Pardon Requests in Sept.Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman announce the PA Marijuana Pardon Program, offering expedited pardon reviews to people convicted of only minor cannabis possession for personal use.
- Michigan State Police stops cannabis testing after false positivesMichigan State Police have acknowledged that its blood tests for marijuana are producing false positives for THC, and it will immediately halt testing.
- Missouri Dems expect boost from cannabis, but split on specificsSupport for legalization and heartburn about the amendment’s details have led to soul-searching among Democratic Party officials across the state. The consternation is particularly acute among Black Democratic leaders.
- Signatures on Nebraska medical cannabis petitions to get another lookThe Nebraska Secretary of State’s Office has agreed to take another look at signatures submitted by a group seeking legalization of medical marijuana to determine if they should have been counted.